October 8, 2013
1. September 20th I turned 30. I was really stressed out about turning 30. I thought I would suddenly wake up feeling different. I have to tell you though it is not that much different. (blog post to come.)
2. Gravity. SPOILER ALERT: The clowny Indian astronaut dies, the shitty Russian Space station has no fuel and is completely worthless and the crappy Chinese space station will catch fire for no apparent reason. American exceptionalism wins in the end.
3. I need a beach retreat. I know it is only October and not even that cold yet but I need the sun and sand. Let the planning commence. Puerto Rico? Florida? Hawaii?
4. I have been rather obsessed with singing songs with my 13-year-old nephew some include:
What does the Fox say?
Paula the Koala.
5. Back on the attack at the gym. Feels good to be back at it and not to be wasting my monthly membership fees. You can see me tonight on the Elliptical. I am also food planning and logging. Only day 3 but I am doing great. I love taking back control.
6. I went on a church retreat this previous weekend. Yes you read correctly a church retreat. It was with a dear friend of mine and her church. I simply adored the women I met and felt the teachings were amazing. The speaker was amazing plus I got a hot stone massage. Win Win.
7. I am still watching Lost daily at work. I am on season 3 and I have to admit I am not liking it as much this season. Also what is with all this Breaking Bad sadness. I never watched the show.
8. I signed up for Booktober swap at Land of Candy Canes
10. I am having a Thirty-one party on the 19th. If anyone wants to order anything follow the link. The products are amazing. I can answer most questions because I have an addiction.
August 27, 2013
Lately it feels like I only write on Tuesdays.
1. VMA’s: I didn’t watch them. I did however watch Miley’s and Justin Timberlakes performances. I watched JT with the hopes that NYSNC would reunite and live happily ever after. What I found was 30 somethings hoping around to my old favorite dance moves singing my old favorite songs but it was just not the same. We are not teens anymore, I have finally accepted my NYSNC days are over. Now Miley, I watched because I needed to find out what all the talk was about. I heard about huge bears, motor boating, riding a foam finger and how crazy her tongue looked. I have to admit, I like Miley. What I don’t understand is how everyone is up in arms over this girls performance. Yes it was ridiculous and trashy. Yes she was riding a foam finger, panting like a dog but she is 20 years old and well frankly I can’t speak for everyone but when I was 20 I was an idiot. I probably would have loved her performance. Shit I probably originated that performance the only difference is I was not in the spot light. Maybe years from now she will regret her decisions but for now I think they are OK. She appears to be pretty normal all things considered from growing up as a child star. She couldn’t be Hannah Montana forever everyone. Lastly, good job MTV. You did exactly what you set out to do, be the talk of the town for days to come.
2. I have had black hair for as long as I can remember. Last week I decided that I wanted to go back to my natural hair color which is a shade of blonde. My friend Sammi is always changing her hair and doing everyone else’s. She sent me with a list to Sally’s. When I was in the store an associate came up to me and told me that the stuff I was buying was going to ruin my hair and that she was a color specialist and to buy this other product. I did. Sammi told me she never used the stuff before but it looks like it would work. Fast forward 35 minutes and my hair is literally smoking!! Yep that is right my hair was on fire. We ran and I drove into her shower and rinsed my hair. I was left looking like a leopard or sorts with blotches in my hair. Obviously the associate at Sally’s was not a color specialist.
Fast forward to present and I am a ginger. I still have some black popping through but all in all I love it. Note the color in pictures in number three.
3. Nature walks are fun especially with my 6 nephews, sister and nana. I learned my 4-year-old nephew Devin can fit into 3-6 month clothes after swimming in a creek. Maybe not necessary but completely hysterical.
4. I have had this stomach bug for a few days now. I am not sure what is going on with me but I would like it to go away.
5. In less than a month I will be 30! WHOA.
6. My car was involved in a hit and run last week. Hopefully it will be fixed by Thursday.
7. I am currently obsessed with Katy Perry’s new song Roar. I sing was singing out load last night on the elliptical at the gym.
9. Big Brother is killing me. I just want Amanda evicted.
10. I need book recommendations. I am all out of books. I am not sure how this happened but it did.
August 13, 2013
1. Remember my friend Sandy I mentioned a few weeks back. We got those awesome Henna tattoos in Jersey last summer, while she is not into the idea of kool-aid henna. She is an amazing friend and her support is unwavering and reminds me daily how blessed I am in life to have people like her in my life. I have been holding a lot on my heart lately and I have been keeping to myself because of it, staying a distance from our friendship and today I finally broke and had a wonderful conversation with her that reminded me that she is one of my biggest fans and loves me for me. It is good to be loved.
2. I have been on an unofficial Twitter break and I slightly miss the Twitterverse. I do not miss the person I was on Twitter, I don’t miss being consumed by other people and faking it to make it. I have changed my Twitter handle back to BuffaloPeach because that is who I am and maybe I will be back someday but not sure when they that will be and I am OK with that.
3. I am a running machine. I love it. I look something like this though.
4. My first niece Olivia was born. She is amazing and beautiful. I loved her instantly. She came into this world a fighter. She was born with a rare neuro tube defect. She will be having surgery today at just 5 days old. The outlook is good and she came home this past weekend.
5. Orange is the New Black was my new addiction. Then I watched them all and I am wanting for more.
6. I keep looking at all these craft project on pinterest. Who am I kidding, I am not going to be doing crafts anytime soon.
9. I went camping this past week. It was Brilliant. I hiked to bear caves, paddled a paddle boat that took on water like the Titanic, got stung by a bee in my neck and wiped out on my bike. Nothing like having blood spraying from your leg from a bike chain wound. All the injury aside it really was lovely and I would do it all over again.
10. Did I mention I had my face painted like a pirate with Devin. Sometimes I just want to be a pirate.
July 9, 2013
1. Back at work after a two-week vacation is kicking my ass but at the same time I am loving every minute of it. There are so many great things happening around my office lately and big steps for me in the near future.
2. Yesterday was my first No Boundaries class. I was terrified to go, Seriously terrified. I didn’t even want to get out of the car. I was sitting there watching people show up and thinking wow these are some skinny bitches. Tara at A life Changing Journey told me before, that everyone has their own journey and you never know where they started, where they came from or where they are going. Remembering that is what made me get out of my car. When I finally got over the group they had already started talking and I did not get to sign in right away but I actually think that worked out better for me because when I was able to sign in I think the group leader could tell I was well scared. She was amazingly nice actually everyone was amazingly nice. The warm up walk I walked with one of the mentors and she was awesome. I ran into one of my sisters co workers and she was awesome. As we were about to start actually running, I was standing next to woman named Lisa and she was awesome. I assume by now you get the theme they were all awesome. I had so much fun. Me having fun running. What the hell is happening. I am excited to do the other runs this week before we meet up next Monday night. Now the only thing I can think is, what was I so afraid of? I may not have been the fastest or the most graceful but I did the first run and was proud of myself and I think the random high-five at the end was what I liked the most. I want to run more because I want more high fives in my future.
3. Remembering last summer at the Jersey Shore with one of my amazing friends Sandy and our Henna. We called our hand claws. I just stumbled upon DIY Koolaid Henna. I wonder if she would be done for another summer round of Henna goodness.
4. This week I will be making my niece a bow holder and all the Bows to go along with it. I can’t wait to meet Ms. Olivia.
6. My sunburn reach epic levels on vacation.
7. 8. 9. 10. (moments from vacation.)
Self Covered in Sand and Sweat.
Loved this scene in Hollywood Studios.
June 25, 2013
1. My heart is smiling.
2. I will be on Vacation in 1 day. I am conflicted on this because work has been so hectic and I don’t want to lose any momentum there.
3. Speaking of vacation. I am going to attempt like the lovely Ashley over at Our Little Apartment. She is my inspiration for this trip. I am hoping not to be lugging 10 bags through the airport and paying hefty fees for checked bags. I can do this!
4. I was at a fire in the woods a few night ago. It left me with a horrible tick bite. I went to my doctor a few days after it happened and was given an antibiotic and some cream and finally it is starting to look better. I was starting to get worried because of my vacation coming up.
5. I always say I will not do another swap because some how I always end up getting screwed but I am disappointed I forgot to sign up for Lin’s Beat the Heat swap.
7. I feel like I have been on the run for several days. This is the first night in weeks that I have been home curled up on my couch. I have been out my door before 7am and home after midnight every night lately. Needless to say I am super happy to be home tonight.
8. Two weeks about baby child Kellan was Baptized. I am honored to be his God Mother although I am not fully sure where my religious beliefs align anymore. I have toyed with Islam for years and really believe in the principles of that religion but the strict nature of it turns me away. For years I identified as Baha’i, I am not sure if I fit in that religion anymore either. I do know I believe in God. I believe there is a greater power out there watching over us and helping us. I wonder sometimes why Religion is so complex.
9. I wish I was brave enough to cut my hair off and dye it to something like this:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/InzJvlIId10″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
June 12, 2013
What makes someone a good friend?
What qualities does it take?
Hmmm, I am willing to bet these are questions everyone has asked themselves at least once in life. I have come up with a number of answers. For Starters a good friend should understand you and accept you for who you are and not what you should be – according to them. A good friend should be able to keep your secrets and never divulge them to a third person under any circumstances – except when it’s for your own good. A good friend should give you an honest opinion – not a diplomatic opinion – when asked. He/she should be critical of you when criticism is warranted. They should bring you back to earth if you are floating in your own delusional world. They should not be bothered about offering blunt advice if that’s what is needed.
Along side of those few things a good friend would be someone…
who expects no favors back from you and does not value your worth based on favors returned.
who would be a selfless person who values your friendship more than material gains that can be had through his/her association with you.
would be someone who stands by you through thick and thin and supports you in your most difficult and darkest hours.
would never leave your side when you need them the most.
that doesn’t judge you for your shortcomings; instead, offers suggestions and advice to help you overcome those weak points.
whom you can count on when the rest of your family and supposed friends walk out on you.
who believes in you and supports you when all the rest think you are a goner and desert you.
Obviously, if you find someone who carries all of these qualities. Hold on to them, don’t be stupid. They are a rare breed and you’d do well to appreciate their worth and keep them.