August 27, 2013
Lately it feels like I only write on Tuesdays.
1. VMA’s: I didn’t watch them. I did however watch Miley’s and Justin Timberlakes performances. I watched JT with the hopes that NYSNC would reunite and live happily ever after. What I found was 30 somethings hoping around to my old favorite dance moves singing my old favorite songs but it was just not the same. We are not teens anymore, I have finally accepted my NYSNC days are over. Now Miley, I watched because I needed to find out what all the talk was about. I heard about huge bears, motor boating, riding a foam finger and how crazy her tongue looked. I have to admit, I like Miley. What I don’t understand is how everyone is up in arms over this girls performance. Yes it was ridiculous and trashy. Yes she was riding a foam finger, panting like a dog but she is 20 years old and well frankly I can’t speak for everyone but when I was 20 I was an idiot. I probably would have loved her performance. Shit I probably originated that performance the only difference is I was not in the spot light. Maybe years from now she will regret her decisions but for now I think they are OK. She appears to be pretty normal all things considered from growing up as a child star. She couldn’t be Hannah Montana forever everyone. Lastly, good job MTV. You did exactly what you set out to do, be the talk of the town for days to come.
2. I have had black hair for as long as I can remember. Last week I decided that I wanted to go back to my natural hair color which is a shade of blonde. My friend Sammi is always changing her hair and doing everyone else’s. She sent me with a list to Sally’s. When I was in the store an associate came up to me and told me that the stuff I was buying was going to ruin my hair and that she was a color specialist and to buy this other product. I did. Sammi told me she never used the stuff before but it looks like it would work. Fast forward 35 minutes and my hair is literally smoking!! Yep that is right my hair was on fire. We ran and I drove into her shower and rinsed my hair. I was left looking like a leopard or sorts with blotches in my hair. Obviously the associate at Sally’s was not a color specialist.
Fast forward to present and I am a ginger. I still have some black popping through but all in all I love it. Note the color in pictures in number three.
3. Nature walks are fun especially with my 6 nephews, sister and nana. I learned my 4-year-old nephew Devin can fit into 3-6 month clothes after swimming in a creek. Maybe not necessary but completely hysterical.
4. I have had this stomach bug for a few days now. I am not sure what is going on with me but I would like it to go away.
5. In less than a month I will be 30! WHOA.
6. My car was involved in a hit and run last week. Hopefully it will be fixed by Thursday.
7. I am currently obsessed with Katy Perry’s new song Roar. I sing was singing out load last night on the elliptical at the gym.
9. Big Brother is killing me. I just want Amanda evicted.
10. I need book recommendations. I am all out of books. I am not sure how this happened but it did.
August 13, 2013
1. Remember my friend Sandy I mentioned a few weeks back. We got those awesome Henna tattoos in Jersey last summer, while she is not into the idea of kool-aid henna. She is an amazing friend and her support is unwavering and reminds me daily how blessed I am in life to have people like her in my life. I have been holding a lot on my heart lately and I have been keeping to myself because of it, staying a distance from our friendship and today I finally broke and had a wonderful conversation with her that reminded me that she is one of my biggest fans and loves me for me. It is good to be loved.
2. I have been on an unofficial Twitter break and I slightly miss the Twitterverse. I do not miss the person I was on Twitter, I don’t miss being consumed by other people and faking it to make it. I have changed my Twitter handle back to BuffaloPeach because that is who I am and maybe I will be back someday but not sure when they that will be and I am OK with that.
3. I am a running machine. I love it. I look something like this though.
4. My first niece Olivia was born. She is amazing and beautiful. I loved her instantly. She came into this world a fighter. She was born with a rare neuro tube defect. She will be having surgery today at just 5 days old. The outlook is good and she came home this past weekend.
5. Orange is the New Black was my new addiction. Then I watched them all and I am wanting for more.
6. I keep looking at all these craft project on pinterest. Who am I kidding, I am not going to be doing crafts anytime soon.
9. I went camping this past week. It was Brilliant. I hiked to bear caves, paddled a paddle boat that took on water like the Titanic, got stung by a bee in my neck and wiped out on my bike. Nothing like having blood spraying from your leg from a bike chain wound. All the injury aside it really was lovely and I would do it all over again.
10. Did I mention I had my face painted like a pirate with Devin. Sometimes I just want to be a pirate.
June 25, 2013
1. My heart is smiling.
2. I will be on Vacation in 1 day. I am conflicted on this because work has been so hectic and I don’t want to lose any momentum there.
3. Speaking of vacation. I am going to attempt like the lovely Ashley over at Our Little Apartment. She is my inspiration for this trip. I am hoping not to be lugging 10 bags through the airport and paying hefty fees for checked bags. I can do this!
4. I was at a fire in the woods a few night ago. It left me with a horrible tick bite. I went to my doctor a few days after it happened and was given an antibiotic and some cream and finally it is starting to look better. I was starting to get worried because of my vacation coming up.
5. I always say I will not do another swap because some how I always end up getting screwed but I am disappointed I forgot to sign up for Lin’s Beat the Heat swap.
7. I feel like I have been on the run for several days. This is the first night in weeks that I have been home curled up on my couch. I have been out my door before 7am and home after midnight every night lately. Needless to say I am super happy to be home tonight.
8. Two weeks about baby child Kellan was Baptized. I am honored to be his God Mother although I am not fully sure where my religious beliefs align anymore. I have toyed with Islam for years and really believe in the principles of that religion but the strict nature of it turns me away. For years I identified as Baha’i, I am not sure if I fit in that religion anymore either. I do know I believe in God. I believe there is a greater power out there watching over us and helping us. I wonder sometimes why Religion is so complex.
9. I wish I was brave enough to cut my hair off and dye it to something like this:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/InzJvlIId10″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
June 6, 2013
God this week has been so stressful but yet so peaceful at the same time. How does that make any sense?! I don’t know but it does. When I received the email about this weeks topic I was excited because I take so many random photos.
Sometimes I get glitter tattoos on my neck.
Sometimes I am in bathroom with a million pee cups.
Sometimes I make Moses bed in the sun.
Sometimes I take pictures of my buggy at the grocery store.
Sometimes I take pictures of names carved in rocks. I like this name.
Sometimes I forget to change my registration for months… opps.
May 17, 2013
Yea I know it is Friday but I am finishing this anyways.
I absolutely adore this topic. Mostly because I am a dreamer, my head lives in the clouds. When I started thinking about my dream home I realized my mind is everywhere and this could probably never become a reality but a girl can dream.
Dining and Living Space.
Library and Home Office.
May 2, 2013
Yay Spring!!! I absolutely love when the weather starts to warm up, the sun starts peeking out in the sky, and I can go outside without 10 layers of clothes on. I love this weeks topic because while I am in no way shape or form a fashionista, I do love clothes.