August 13, 2013
1. Remember my friend Sandy I mentioned a few weeks back. We got those awesome Henna tattoos in Jersey last summer, while she is not into the idea of kool-aid henna. She is an amazing friend and her support is unwavering and reminds me daily how blessed I am in life to have people like her in my life. I have been holding a lot on my heart lately and I have been keeping to myself because of it, staying a distance from our friendship and today I finally broke and had a wonderful conversation with her that reminded me that she is one of my biggest fans and loves me for me. It is good to be loved.
2. I have been on an unofficial Twitter break and I slightly miss the Twitterverse. I do not miss the person I was on Twitter, I don’t miss being consumed by other people and faking it to make it. I have changed my Twitter handle back to BuffaloPeach because that is who I am and maybe I will be back someday but not sure when they that will be and I am OK with that.
3. I am a running machine. I love it. I look something like this though.
4. My first niece Olivia was born. She is amazing and beautiful. I loved her instantly. She came into this world a fighter. She was born with a rare neuro tube defect. She will be having surgery today at just 5 days old. The outlook is good and she came home this past weekend.
5. Orange is the New Black was my new addiction. Then I watched them all and I am wanting for more.
6. I keep looking at all these craft project on pinterest. Who am I kidding, I am not going to be doing crafts anytime soon.
9. I went camping this past week. It was Brilliant. I hiked to bear caves, paddled a paddle boat that took on water like the Titanic, got stung by a bee in my neck and wiped out on my bike. Nothing like having blood spraying from your leg from a bike chain wound. All the injury aside it really was lovely and I would do it all over again.
10. Did I mention I had my face painted like a pirate with Devin. Sometimes I just want to be a pirate.
June 25, 2013
1. My heart is smiling.
2. I will be on Vacation in 1 day. I am conflicted on this because work has been so hectic and I don’t want to lose any momentum there.
3. Speaking of vacation. I am going to attempt like the lovely Ashley over at Our Little Apartment. She is my inspiration for this trip. I am hoping not to be lugging 10 bags through the airport and paying hefty fees for checked bags. I can do this!
4. I was at a fire in the woods a few night ago. It left me with a horrible tick bite. I went to my doctor a few days after it happened and was given an antibiotic and some cream and finally it is starting to look better. I was starting to get worried because of my vacation coming up.
5. I always say I will not do another swap because some how I always end up getting screwed but I am disappointed I forgot to sign up for Lin’s Beat the Heat swap.
7. I feel like I have been on the run for several days. This is the first night in weeks that I have been home curled up on my couch. I have been out my door before 7am and home after midnight every night lately. Needless to say I am super happy to be home tonight.
8. Two weeks about baby child Kellan was Baptized. I am honored to be his God Mother although I am not fully sure where my religious beliefs align anymore. I have toyed with Islam for years and really believe in the principles of that religion but the strict nature of it turns me away. For years I identified as Baha’i, I am not sure if I fit in that religion anymore either. I do know I believe in God. I believe there is a greater power out there watching over us and helping us. I wonder sometimes why Religion is so complex.
9. I wish I was brave enough to cut my hair off and dye it to something like this:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/InzJvlIId10″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
April 30, 2013
1. Rocking Chairs Rock.
My grandma gave me a lovely rocking chair that I really have no room for. I wish I lived in the country and had a wrap around porch where I could sit out on the rocking chair and enjoy a lovely spring or summer breeze. Since I don’t have that lovely porch, I was at a loss for what to do with this rocking chair. Naturally I decided to photograph myself and my friend with the chair in random places. National Historic Landmark? Why not.
2. Sunday Funday.
I spend my day as a child exploring with a dear friend. We had planned a fun-filled trip to the Zoo but when we arrived the Zoo was packed and the line seriously wrapped around the place. Meghan suggested entering through the exit as her and her boyfriend did but I wasn’t down for a trip in the back of a cop car. We all know I would have been caught. I am highly disappointed everyone and their mother had the same idea about spending Sunday at the Zoo. We ended up at a fort. I mean what is better than cannons and castles? Nothing.
I F***ing hate you!!! They are all over. They cause me to freak out, scream and panic. I had to run the other day away from them. I felt it was a huge non scale victory as I was able to run literally run away from these pest. At the end I think I ate about 12 of them and I snorted one up my nose. I am happy that these little guys only have a day life span because this is ridiculous. This is one of the negatives of spring time.
They ruin almost everything. Don’t get me wrong; I enjoy raisins on their own, but sometimes they show up in the most inappropriate places. And biting into a raisin in something where it does not belong is like the worst thing ever. No, I’m not exaggerating. Proof: a list of things that raisins always ruin.
Celery with peanut butter
New Ink coming soon. (Just a Public Service Announcement.)
I adore hummus of every kind but currently I am in love with Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
8. Urban Dictionary.
I have realized, I am probably the whitest white girl in the world. I am perfectly OK with this, but sometimes I need to know slang to flirt with certain boys. Although, I think the clueless girl routine is working for me. Needless to say this is my thank you to Urban Dictionary for helping me out in my times of need.
Everyone I know is having babies. I love it. I get excited every time I receive another announcement. It is different from in the past when I received birth announcement. In the past sometimes I would have joy but other times I would be angry. Yes angry over babies. I have issues, obviously.
April 23, 2013
Another installment of 10 on Tuesday.
1. I am still coughing. Weeks later, two antibiotics, steroids, inhalers and breathing treatments and I am still coughing. The cough is getting better but still is not gone or even remotely where I would like it to be. I have given up on cough syrups mostly because I don’t want to end up like this guy…
***I love Lil Wayne. I even had my back molar capped in gold when I had a root canal and call it my Lil Wayne tooth and he accompanies many nights on the Elliptical. I just don’t think Robo Tripping is for me.***
2. Boston was my home for a while and really where I feel like I came into my own and grew up. I love and adore that city and my heart breaks for them all. I look at photos of when the city was locked down and my heart hurts. I have since stopped looking at photos. I continue to pray for everyone affected by this turn of events and I hold solace in knowing the good in people shined through that day. I love you Boston.
3. Books Books and more Books. I have been reading uncontrollably lately.
4. Reese Witherspoon. When I first heard that she had been arrested I was shocked. I really am disappointed but I live by the belief that people do good and bad things but that does not make them a good or bad person. Reese next time your husband decides to be an idiot and drive drunk let him go alone but if you are drunk and stupid as well. When he gets arrested let him get arrested he deserves it and shut your mother.
5. Eternal Flame. I read before online about an eternal flame located within Chestnut Ridge Park. Sunday afternoon. I took to hiking with the loves of my life. Me and my favorite little men hiked in my eyes pretty far all the way down a gorge, down a creek and back up. I had to climb through logs and rocks. Slipped on mud but once we finally made it. I have to say it was completely worth it. This is just another non scale victory, I felt great after this hike not run down and like death. Sunday Afternoon hikes might become a regular.
6. I have been pissing needles for a few days. I have a UTI. I have been drinking Cranberry Juice and now I have medicine. As you can see my life is full of joy. My friend informed me this is happening because I don’t pee immediately after sex. I think I do?… but do I. I know I am sharing a lot here but it seems important. Pee after sex. I am not sure if this is the cause but it is the only advice I have been given.
7. Love Deleted Girls Scenes.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/fzHNdEJ_uz8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
8. Hunger Games. I watched this and I knew my world would be a little more complete come November.
9. Check this out.
October 11, 2011
This week is all about pasta. I have to say I love pasta. Check out Roots And Rings for other Ten on Tuesday.
This week’s questions were provided by Kristen at St. Monica’s Bridge!
All about Pasta
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
I absolutely hate white sauces. I have never had one I like. That being said I am a red sauce type of gal. I have lately been on a vodka sauce kick.
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
I love to twirl spaghetti. Though that can be messy I have no skill when it comes to getting things into my mouth and not my shirt. So that being said when out at restaurants I always ask for some sort of pasta that can be stabbed like ziti.
3. Baked or boiled?
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
I grew up in a household of meat eaters. My Nana can make the most amazing sauce in the world. Seriously no one even comes close but she does use a lot of meat in her sauce. Normally though these days I stick to vegetarian sauces or I pick out all the meat of hers.
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
My Nana’s thin spaghetti with homemade sauce.
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
Normally no I don’t do Meatballs but I can cook some very good ones. I have even entered a meatball making contest. I came in second. I was disappointed but the winner stuffed with mozzarella no one can beat things stuffed with mozzarella.
8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
Whole Wheat or Rice
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
Onions, Garlic and Mushrooms
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
Sunday Gravy, I never use jar sauce. Something about it just does not seem right.
October 4, 2011
Questions for Tuesday, October 4, 2011!
Provided by me!
1. How do you take your coffee? I only drink decaffeinated coffee with 2 cream and 2 splenda
2. Do you prefer soft or crispy chocolate chip cookies? Soft
3. Do you wear a belt everyday? Never I own a few fashion ones for with dresses etc but they don’t keep my pants up.
4. What is your favorite color combination? Orange and Brown or various shades of green.
5. Do you like sour candy? No not really I can have a few sour patch kids but nothing major.
6. How often do you do laundry? Everyday I do at least a load of laundry but my laundry day is Sunday.
7. Did you ever wear braces? Yes I did and I love my teeth.
8. Are you good at Roman Numerals? I never put much thought into it but I can understand the basics of it.
9. What is your favorite form of social media? Twitter
10. How do you feel about chin dimples? Never thought about it.
May 10, 2011
Questions provided by Nora at Walking With Nora.
1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? The Wizard of OZ. I use to watch this movie all the time as a child my mom would put it on when I was around 2 and I would just sit there for hours in awe of it. I still love the story.
2. Let’s say someone wrote a screenplay about you; what actor/actress would you choose to play you and why? I think that Scarlett Johnansson is goregous and would pick for those reasons but after more thought I would pick Zooey Deschanel. We look more alike and I really like the characters she plays.
3. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in theaters? O wow I don’t how sad is that.
4. Did you ever make out at the back of a movie theater in middle school/high school? My first date ever was to see the movie Alien. I wouldn’t even call it a date date but I had to beg my dad to go and he had to meet the guy and his friend that tagged along first so that was a date in my book. We held hands and ended up making out the almost all movie.
5. Are you a Netflix-er, Blockbuster-er or a Redbox-er? (Or none of the above?) Redbox-er but I am going to get Netflix. I swear I am not just saying that I have been planning on it forever just haven’t done it yet.
6. Name one actor/actress who you would give anything to have a dinner date with. I was going to say Barbara Walters but I realize that is not an actress. I will say John Travolta. I am not sure why but I think we could have a good conversation.
7. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen? I am not sure because I usually turn it off before it turns into the worst movie ever.
8. Do you sneak snacks into the theater when you go? No but I should.
9. Movie theater popcorn: love or hate it? Love
10. What is the all-time best Disney movie in your opinion? The Little Mermaid