August 13, 2013
1. Remember my friend Sandy I mentioned a few weeks back. We got those awesome Henna tattoos in Jersey last summer, while she is not into the idea of kool-aid henna. She is an amazing friend and her support is unwavering and reminds me daily how blessed I am in life to have people like her in my life. I have been holding a lot on my heart lately and I have been keeping to myself because of it, staying a distance from our friendship and today I finally broke and had a wonderful conversation with her that reminded me that she is one of my biggest fans and loves me for me. It is good to be loved.
2. I have been on an unofficial Twitter break and I slightly miss the Twitterverse. I do not miss the person I was on Twitter, I don’t miss being consumed by other people and faking it to make it. I have changed my Twitter handle back to BuffaloPeach because that is who I am and maybe I will be back someday but not sure when they that will be and I am OK with that.
3. I am a running machine. I love it. I look something like this though.
4. My first niece Olivia was born. She is amazing and beautiful. I loved her instantly. She came into this world a fighter. She was born with a rare neuro tube defect. She will be having surgery today at just 5 days old. The outlook is good and she came home this past weekend.
5. Orange is the New Black was my new addiction. Then I watched them all and I am wanting for more.
6. I keep looking at all these craft project on pinterest. Who am I kidding, I am not going to be doing crafts anytime soon.
9. I went camping this past week. It was Brilliant. I hiked to bear caves, paddled a paddle boat that took on water like the Titanic, got stung by a bee in my neck and wiped out on my bike. Nothing like having blood spraying from your leg from a bike chain wound. All the injury aside it really was lovely and I would do it all over again.
10. Did I mention I had my face painted like a pirate with Devin. Sometimes I just want to be a pirate.
December 6, 2010
I gained the knowledge of #Reverb10 for Waking up Amy. You write a blog every day according to their scheduled prompts to reflect on your 2010 and manifest on what the new year will bring your way. I am needless to say a little behind.
Let me start from the beginning.
December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
2010 = Transformation
I think this started back in 2009 but it has definitely finished in 2010. I went through major change in 2010. I called 2010 my growth spurt of my 20s. I have finally came into my own, figured out who I am and learn to love myself. I have fully flushed away an unhealthy relationship. Got back on my career path that I had neglected for some time because of the unhealthy relationships. Developed long loving last relationships with my family. Found happiness with in.
2011 = Exploration
Since in 2010 I transformed into the women I am meant to be in 2011 I will be reaching for new heights. Exploring my likes, dislikes, loves and everything in between.
December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
I have been really slacking on writing lately. I feel I never have time between work and well TV yep that is right TV. I am the girl who never watched TV before for a while it was merely a decoration. I don’t know if I can handle going cold turkey and making my TV a decoration again but I will be cutting back to do more productive things like reading and writing.
December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
The air was sticky the sun was hot not even a breeze in the air. I had aerosol sunblock on repeat every hour. I love the smell of Wegman’s aerosol sunblock. The cool mist in the heat is delightful as well. I can’t say anything amazing happened that day but it was peaceful. I laid on a lawn chair in the shade read my book listening to my music. My blackberry did not work in the area I was in. My computer did not either, I was deep in the woods camping with my family. All the stress-ors in my life where not around me. Work was on hold, relationship pasts and present on hold just me and the silence except of course the laughter of kids and my family. I swam in the pond which I have to say had this smell of summer it may have just been dirt and kids but I think that maybe the beautiful smell of summer. When it was hot I sprayed myself with the hose as I would have as a child. At night I bundled up with my nephew in our tent to keep warm. I felt alive at this moment more so than I had in a while. I took all the complexities of the world out of the picture and broke it down to basics.
I will finish catching up tomorrow.. I swear