1. The Great Gatsby is the book that gave me my love for Literature. As you could assume I was over the moon to see the new version on the big screen. I feel it was faithful to so much of the novels language but the movie ends up romanticizing what Fitzgerald spent the book de-romanticizing. I have to say though Leonardo DiCaprio gives us the full Gatsby, assured yet insecure, and he’s magnificent. I normally hate Leonardo.
2. I had a mini Grey’s Anatomy marathon. I watched 4 episodes the other day. I am not sure how I feel about this season. I do feel they have toned down the ridiculous. I am saddened by the possible death of Richard Webber.
3. The last two weeks I have made a journey to Syracuse. Not my normal route of travel but still has been fabulous. The first trip was part fun and part emotional experiment because you know always a good idea to mess with your emotions. The second one was to Destiny USA with these lovely ladies. I absolutely adore each and every one of them and wish we could see each other more often. Each of us had to made a little trek to a central location and mine was by far the longest but it was totally worth an evening of laughter.
4. My Sister in Law’s baby shower was this past weekend. Over all I will give it a 8 out of 10. Not really what I would have wanted but it was nice and my cake was fabulous. Everyone loved it and I am really feeling confident with this cake making stuff. I am hoping to maybe expand into a profitable side business sometime soon. My mom keeps offering to help me with it, I just am scared of failure.
5. Camping. I am planning a wicked camping trip this Summer at Allegheny State Park. It shall be epic.
7. Work is crazy busy and I am on a mission. Day one of the mission has been a huge success.
8. I am officially done spending the dollars until my vacation in the end of June.
9. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone effect by the Tornado in Oklahoma.