This week is all about pasta. I have to say I love pasta. Check out Roots And Rings for other Ten on Tuesday.
This week’s questions were provided by Kristen at St. Monica’s Bridge!
All about Pasta
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
I absolutely hate white sauces. I have never had one I like. That being said I am a red sauce type of gal. I have lately been on a vodka sauce kick.
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
I love to twirl spaghetti. Though that can be messy I have no skill when it comes to getting things into my mouth and not my shirt. So that being said when out at restaurants I always ask for some sort of pasta that can be stabbed like ziti.
3. Baked or boiled?
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
I grew up in a household of meat eaters. My Nana can make the most amazing sauce in the world. Seriously no one even comes close but she does use a lot of meat in her sauce. Normally though these days I stick to vegetarian sauces or I pick out all the meat of hers.
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
My Nana’s thin spaghetti with homemade sauce.
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
Normally no I don’t do Meatballs but I can cook some very good ones. I have even entered a meatball making contest. I came in second. I was disappointed but the winner stuffed with mozzarella no one can beat things stuffed with mozzarella.
8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
Whole Wheat or Rice
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
Onions, Garlic and Mushrooms
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
Sunday Gravy, I never use jar sauce. Something about it just does not seem right.