A few weeks ago I was at my sister’s house for dinner and was informed desert was my dish. Suddenly Better than sex popped into my head, maybe it is because a slightly different version had been talked about by co-workers. Either way I was on a mission to create said cake.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake according to package directions for a 9×13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs – I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
- Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!
All and all it was very easy to make. I know the question. Is it really better than sex? Answer: Although it is yummy, I would prefer my boyfriend over cake any day. That being said you may have a horrible lover and in that case stick to the cake because personally there is nothing worse than lame sex.